Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Shayla

I'm not ready to say we have a new addition to our family, because I don't consider animals to be part of our family, but we have a new pet.

I have been very hesitant to get a dog. They make a mess, they bark at night when I'm trying to sleep, they do gross things, but they also guard the house while people are away.. or sleeping.

Last night in the middle of the night I noticed that our electricity wasn't working. I mentioned it to Trav, but he told me in his sleep that we would deal with it in the morning. It was nothing abnormal really, we have lots of trouble with the breaker going off so we just assumed it was that.

In the morning we went out to fix it when Travis noticed that the cable going to the house was cut, and well not there any more. It had been stolen. We aren't sure if they just wanted the cable, which they say is a little bit of an expensive cable, or if they wanted to steal the car, we don't know.

When Trav was going to buy the cable to replace what was stolen, one of our neighbor ladies offered to sell him her German Shepard puppy thinking we needed something to protect us here. She can't really protect much yet, in fact they tell us we need to keep her inside at night so they don't steal her as well.

None the less we think she will be a good dog. Her name is Shayla. Time to start reading up on Dog training. She's cute and Zipporah really likes her so hopefully I'll be able to put up with her. As I was writing this blog she got all tangled up in her chain, started to cry really loudly and woke up Zipporah. It seems like I need to stay in the living room and let her settle down so she can sleep, If I leave her alone before she's calm she just whines.

Now I have 2 babies to take care of.

2 comments:

  1. Dogs are definitely work and a pain but maybe it will be worth in it in the end. We're praying for your safety.

    Abuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Rosey.
    Feliz Cumpleanos, Rosey.

    Have a fun day and we miss you.

    Suegra

    ReplyDelete