Remember that post that I put on a while ago about getting Zipporah to sleep better. Well we tried for 3 or 4 nights to let her cry it out. That didn't seem to be working too well. So we decided to walk or rock her back to sleep every night. Or at least not let her eat so much to fall back asleep. And then she came down with this awful cold that she was coughing and could hardly breathe during the night and so of course I felt sorry for her and gave her everything she wanted during her cold. When she got better from her cold, she was a terrible sleeper. I have spent the last I don't know how long not being able to sleep more than 2 hours at a time. I was getting very tired, and when I get tired I get grumpy. So once we got to that point, which was last week Sunday night I told Travis to find a way to put up the hammock. We hung up the hammock in our bedroom and Zipporah's sleeping went from waking up 8 times a night to 2 times a night. The first night I woke up at 2:15 and realized I had just been able to sleep 4 hours straight. I was so excited that I almost woke up Trav to tell him. I still didn't sleep well because I was so unused to so much sleep already. But I am getting used to that now. It's so much easier in the hammock and last night we broke the record when she didn't wake up till 5 in the morning and only woke up once the whole night. I am
In other news she has grown a few teeth in the last few weeks. Two bottom teeth came in about 2 weeks ago, which she has very much enjoyed trying out, and then a few days ago she get her first top tooth with another on the way. She hasn't had any fever or diarreah, but she definitely gets uncomfortable. She gets a serious case of mamitis, as they call it here. She only wants to be with me. In this picture if you look really closely you can see her 2 little teeth on the bottom.
One thing that really has helped us calm her down when she's upset is Shayla. She loves her puppy. We just take her outside and call Shayla and she
Yeah! That's awesome that you're getting to sleep. And I know what you mean about the mamitis. Risa was the same way. Well, have a good night :)
ReplyDeleteDwylla.