I (Travis) went to my first real soccer game in Paraguay on Sunday. Really, its a shame that it took so long to get to one. Soccer is huge here. It seems like everyone plays somewhere.
Our neighbor across the street (he's 18) plays on a team and had a game so I decided to go. It was a really good game. From what I understand, he plays on a team of 18 year olds who were handpicked from a bunch of other teams at the age of 13-14 to play on the elite team for Trinidense, one of the clubs. These players have practiced 3 times a week since they were kids on top of games on the weekends and this team has played together for 4 years. Trinidense also has an under 20 team and then their top level team.
These guys know how to play soccer. Much better than the 18 year olds I played with at the SRSS in Steinbach.
The game had everything you could want. A goal scored on a free kick. A penalty shot that was stopped. 2 red cards and 1 yellow card. A coke at half time. A 2-1 finish with the right team winning.
It was good to get out and relax. Maybe Rosey will go with me next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment