Thursday, October 4, 2012

the last x ray

This morning I took Moi for an x ray of his arm to see how it has healed and wether we can take off the bandage.

We arrived at the local public hospital and I entered the line waiting for x rays. I talked to the man in front of me. I asked wether the technician had arrived yet. he was not sure. So I headed over to the secretary office to ask wether he had arrived. There was a man standing at the counter, drinking Mate and chatting with the secretary. I asked wether he had arrived and they both assured me that he had.  I returned to waiting in the line. Five minutes later the man who had been drinking mate and chatting with the secretary took off his coat and entered the x ray room, calling in the man ahead of me in line.

I laughed to myself that it had been that man. I stayed there waiting my turn. That man finished and he called in a different person. I thought I had been the next in line, but then again maybe I made a mistake. Back to waiting. They finish and I think I should be next but he is looking for a different person someone I know I arrived before. She is not there. Finally he looks at me and says" and what do you need?"
me:"an x ray"
tech: can I see your doctors request?"
me: yes it's right here.
tech : ok come in
tech: You have been waiting here a long time and you never said anything to me.
me: I smile because anything else that would come out of my mouth at that moment would probably not be very nice.

The good news is he thought Moi's arm was looking great. We will take the x ray to the pediatrician and then remove his bandage hopefully

No comments:

Post a Comment