This last week has been stressful. It is not from work or the kids, it was something so little, as small as a mouse... or maybe it was the mouse... or the mice I should say.
Thursday evening it was storming, the power was out and I was trying to finish our supper before it was completely dark. I was standing by the stove when I saw something black run out from under the stove to under the counter. I did my best not so scream (even if a growl did escape) and informed Travis that we did have a mouse. We set out the trap that we had, but friday being good friday everything was closed and we could not buy more. With no luck on friday I suggested peanut butter might help.
Saturday morning the trap had been moved, There were marks on the glue, but no mouse. We bought more traps and set them out.
Sunday morning I was so happy to see (from very far away) something in the trap. Yay!! I get my house back! I can get up without looking for mice by my feet, I can walk into the kitchen without being scared of a mouse running over my toes, I can sleep at night without nightmares about mice... or so I thought.
Travis cleaned up the mouse and shortly after I walked into the kitchen to prepare some sopa paraguaya for lunch and I see a mouse prance from under the fridge to under the washing machine. (this time the growl was louder and much more frustrated) I got out a few more traps, put one under the washing machine and one under the fridge.
This morning as I was loading the washing machine I saw another mouse (from not as far away this time) in the trap. Yay!! maybe now I get my house back?? Maybe
Time to become cat lovers :) - we always found having a cat in places where mice are common was very effective.
ReplyDeleteI am very tempted to get a cat
ReplyDeleteOh I HATE mice. When we lived in the house trailer when we first got married, Arnold came in many times from outside to find me on the table. Had them in the cupbaords and ALL over. I cringe just thinking of this. We had them really bad....like we killed soemtimes up to 8 in a day. And this went on....till it was TIME to build a house. I am terrified of mice. Good Luck!!
ReplyDeleteAunt Cheryl