Sunday, November 27, 2011

Today

Today was an eventful day. Another non stop high humidity 34ºC day.

We had church this morning and a barbeque for Gil and Renita since they are leaving on Thursday. A very delicious barbeque, with veggie salad, potato salad, and chipaguazu. We all ate enough and then a little bit more.

In the afternoon we had volleyball at our house and I tried out some hair ideas on a  girl. She is graduating from kindergarten which seems to be a really big deal and I offered to do her hair. This same girl really wanted her ears pierced for her kindergarten graduation, and there was no one at the pharmacy to do it, so I did it, or started and my hands got shaky and Gil did it. She was BRAVE¡ she winced but no crying no complaining, she even refused to admit that it hurt. Now she is reminding her mother every 20 minutes that they need to turn her earrings every day and clean them with rubbing alcohol.


We got a good crowd out for volleyball, and I made monster cookies for everyone. They turned out delicious.  We had a good time reconnecting with some people we haven't seen for a while.


Tereré jere, it's how tereré happens.


Our "parking lot"


Moi and Zippy played and played in the swimming pool and if there had not been so many people I would have gotten in with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment