Thursday, October 27, 2011

@ the mechanic

On Monday I had to take the car to the mechanic.   There was a banging noise coming from the front left corner near the wheel.

Wednesday I noticed that it was steering really hard.  Apparently some Tee thing on the steering column was stuck.  What do I know about those things?  As I left the shop I noticed that the airbag light was on.  That distracted me for a few blocks until I noticed that the steering wheel was 60° off.  Kind of hard to see the speedometer like that.  So I took the car to a small shop here in town to get that put right.

What I like about mechanics here is that they will grind, cut, and weld (If I said they "machine" the part that would sound like a great thing) a brand new part to make it fit or to attach it to part of the old part to not have to buy two new parts.  The grinding happened on Monday.  The cutting and welding on Wednesday.  Cost effective.

I like the tools that they invent.  These pictures are from my cell phone so they are not great quality.
See the end of the wrench welded to the rebar with a nut welded on the other end to make it turn?

You get used to tree stumps as tables, or in this case as a stand for the drill press.

The local mechanic shop from the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment