Monday, March 7, 2011

Dance Class

I decided to put Zippy in Dance classes for many reasons.

1. It's a good way to get to know more people in a new city in a natural way,
2. Zippy loves dancing anyway
3. I feel like Zippy needs to be around more spanish speaking kids to better her spanish and make friends.

One week ago today I took Zippy to her first class... She was so excited, when we were getting ready to go she kicked on the bathroom door to get me out so we could go to dance class. We arrived maybe 5 minutes early. I got Zippy out of the car and locked the car. Zippy started almost running toward her class. Since we were 5 minutes early and this is paraguay we actually had to wait almost 1/2 an hour for class to start. By that time Zippy was a little nervous seeing all the other girls. She started doing the dance moves for the first 5 minutes and then sat on my lap for the rest of the time watching. When we got home Trav asked her right away what she learned in dance class and she showed him all the things she had refused to do.

Thursday she had her second class. She sat on my lap for the first 3/4 of the class until I finally convinced her that she had to TRY a little bit and I would buy her ice cream. In the last few minutes of class I convinced her to stand in the line with her classmates, but she wouldn't do the moves. She wanted that ice cream so bad and it took ALL her effort to simply stand in the line up. She got her ice cream anyway.

Today she had her 3rd class. I informed her before we went that if she wanted ice cream she would have to do a lot more dancing. Only this time if she did the dancing to win her ice cream we would all go out as a family.  Before we left home she didn't even want to go to dance class. I think she doesn't always understand what the teacher is saying they are supposed to do. I just tell her to watch what the teacher does and copy her.  She did really good, she still was not really in the dance class 100% but I made her stay with the other girls at least, she really tried hard so we went out for ice cream again... this had better stop soon this ice cream bribing, I"m going to gain a lot of weight that way.

1 comment:

  1. It's very easy to picture Zippy taking dance class :-) hopefully she gets into it soon!

    ReplyDelete