Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back to Paraguay

We arrived in Asuncion on Wednesday at about 5 after a long uneventful flight. The kids did really well. I did give them gravol because I absolutely do NOT want them puking on the flight:) Moi had a great sleep for about 4 hours on the long flight. We put all our pillows on the floor and laid him on there. He was sleeping really good until we got some turbulence and had to put our seat belts on. The flight attendant came by to check if we had our seat belts and noticed him and told us that NOBODY absolutely NOBODY could be on the floor.

The heat has been a bit of a shock. It has affected Moi a lot. He's been a bit tired and cranky but I think that also has to do with jet lag and the heat. Zippy has become prissy. As soon as she sees a fly she runs inside and says the bee is going to bite me! In her shower today there was an ant. She refused to shower until Travis killed it. I told her to squash it, but she wouldn't. And to think she used to step on bugs as a game. How to deal with a prissy girl in Paraguay???

We have been busy visiting and arranging our move. Today I was too tired to go out and the kids were cranky so I stayed in Caaguazu with them while Travis went to youth camp. It was good to relax with the kids for a while, and sit in an air conditioned place all day. All our stuff is in the shed in Caaguazu and we need to move it to Minga Guazu which is an hour 45 min away. We will get a truck for Tuesday or wednesday.

We are excited to be back and looking forward to moving into our house in a few days. Getting Shayla back (our dog) and her puppy. She had puppies while we were gone, 10 of them but only 5 are still alive. They saved one of the puppies for us but I'm not too sure I want another dog... too much poop to clean up. We'll see. Trav says maybe once I see it I'll want it. Of course I will I love puppies, but they grow into dogs. That's the problem.

2 comments:

  1. (hey where'd my comment go? i guess it didn't post...) It's hard to imagine Zippy being prissy! I'm sure she'll get back into squashing bugs soon enough...
    I like hearing the impressions Zippy left on Carter's speech, like "Is ok that I do..such and such". and "all right"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it back safely
    Myra

    ReplyDelete