Fathers day today in Paraguay is a very happy event:) Not only because it's fathers day and almost everybody has made a huge barbeque to celebrate their Dad, but also because Paraguay played Slovakia this morning in the world cup and won 2-0 Go Paraguay go!! I did actually watch the game as much as I could with 2 kids around... and I will admit it was just a teensy bit fun to watch. In Paraguay today you look out of place if your not wearing the albirroja (paraguayan soccer jersey).
Now this was supposed to be a post about Travis as a father, a good sappy post so here goes.
Travis is a great Daddy
I asked Zippy what it is that she likes that her Papá does with her, and she broke out into a dance. That is one thing they like to do together.
Some names Zippy likes to use for him are Papá, Papi, Travis, Abuelo...
He does take time for the kids,he plays with them, and dances with them, and changes their diapers, etc... and they always enjoy spending time with him.
And since there is no such thing as Husbands day I will say he is a great husband as well, even if he doesn't let me call him hunny.
Today we have invited some neighbors over and he helped me make the meal, Lasagna, garlic bread and ceaser salad. Since the kids have been around it has happened less but we have always enjoyed cooking together, I consider myself lucky to have a man that likes cooking.
Every morning he makes Mate to drink while he does his devotions, and then I throw Moi at him until I have brushed my teeth and hair, and then he shares his mate with me. It's one of our favorite times of day.
I could keep listing things we do together but I won't I'll just say I'm very thankful for the wonderful husband I have and the wonderful father for our children.
mmm...we had lasagna today too. Dallas wants to know if that's an original soccer jersey. his guess is "yes" since it has the Adidas thing on it.
ReplyDelete