Monday, June 22, 2009

Traaa day


Zippy no longer calls Travis "Papa", she calls him "Traaa". On saturday we went to buy him a fathers day gift, went to the store, had it all wrapped up. Then when we got into the car where Trav was waiting for us, she says Traaa, and tries to give him his gift. I made her wait till sunday to give it to him though.

We attended a service here in Caaguazu, and it ended up being us, the pastor couple, and one other couple. The plan had been to have a potluck together to celebrate fathers day, So the pastor invited us all to his house instead since we were so few, and we had our potluck there. One more couple did show up which was nice. The bad part was she brought a BIG fish she had cooked up. I really don't like fish but with everyone ranting and raving about how good that fish was going to be I just couldn't say no to a serving. I did ask though that it be small... and well small can be relative. To someone who likes fish it might have been a tiny serving, but for me it was massive. The trick then was to eat it all without making a face. I think I did pretty good, and I will give her credit she put so many vegetables on the thing I could hardly taste the fishyness for the most part. With very small small bites I did make my way through most of the fish, right at the end I couldn't anymore though, and left that part with the excuse that it had a lot of bones.

We are enjoying our new place, the house is quite big, and we're not totally sure what to do with all the space, but I do like that problem rather than the too small one.

No comments:

Post a Comment