Saturday, May 9, 2009

visitors


I have spent this last week with some visitors. "the lady"that I mentioned before with the ruptured appendix, came to stay with me for the last week. What she needs now is rest, and that was something she was finding a little hard to come by in her house with her kids there, so this week she came to our house with only one of her children.

Her child that came with her was her 3 year old daughter. She had lots of fun playing... and sometimes fighting with Zippy. She can't sit on her moms lap because of the cut her mom has on her stomach so I let her sit on my lap quite often. Zippy thought it was funny at the beginning of the week but by the end of the week she was getting pretty sick of having to share her mommy's lap, and did her best to kick the other girl off.

I was very encouraged with the healing I saw on her wound yesterday`, to my unmedical eyes, it has a very delicate layer of skin covering it already. So much better than a week ago. Please pray that she continues to heal.

In other news, Zippy got her 1 1/2 year vaccines last thursday morning. She had a terrible reaction, She had the vaccine in her right thigh. That evening her thigh was so sore she couldn't move it. She screamed in pain every time we had to move her, so finally we put her on her changetable and just played with her there. Then when it was time to take her to bed, we just picked up the changetable mat and carried her to bed on it like a stretcher. Needless to say we haven't gotten very much sleep the last few days, but today she really seems to be doing better. For that I am very thankful, it is no fun when she's sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment