She also loves helping me sweep. Every time I get out the broom, she brings the mop to help me. The other day I was sweeping outside, and needed the dustpan, I asked her to go inside and get it for me. She ran to the front of the house and looked a little confused, so I reminded her it was the dustpan I needed; and she ran inside and got it for me.
Today as I was sweeping I ran across a pair of my flip flops under the table, So of course I asked Zippy to go put them in my room for me. She did, and then she remembered that Daddy had left his flip flops behind the kitchen door, so she went and got those to put in our room as well.
I'm really giving her a lot of positive encouragment in this. Right now helping mommy is fun, and I want that to last for as loooong as possible.
When I wanted to put these pijamas on her for the first time, she liked the pants, but was not too fond of the shirt, I made her put it on anyway, and took her to the mirror so she could see herself, after pulling up her shirt she realized that it passed the test... it's easy to reach her belly button in this one, and she LOVES her belly button, If you talk to her it's not uncommon for her to lift up her shirt to show you her belly button.
And one more Zippy story to make this a really Zippy zippy post...
I was shopping sales as the good menno in me likes to do... I found some really cheap kid jeans for Zippy. $5 a pair . We decided to try them on her to see which one I liked best. There were 2 pairs that I liked so I showed the two to Zippy to let her pick which one she liked. The problem though was that we were standing beside a non sale rack of really sparkly jeans. They were full of decorations and glitter... etc, Those were the ones she wanted. She didn't care how cheap a deal I had found, she wanted glitter jeans... none the less, I bought the cheap ones.
Now I know what to bring Zippy. :)
ReplyDeleteAbuela