Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Poor Shayla

Last night as Trav was coming back from taking home some high school kids, around 10:20 or so, Shayla had a little accident. To put the car in our yard we have to drive up a bit of a slope. Trav came home, opened the gate, and was driving in when Shayla started crying as loud as she could. So Trav backed up a little and she stopped crying. Because she stopped crying we were pretty sure she was dead. Meanwhile I was in the house trying to get Zippy to go to sleep. The bars on the doors were all locked, so I was searching for my keys to get outside. I finally found them and out I went, only to find out it was way to dark to see anything, so I went to search for the flashlight, but the batteries were dead. So I went outside again. By this time Trav had jacked up the car and was calling Shayla to come out. And she did. She had gotten Trapped under the gas tank with her belly up. It doesn't seem like she has broken anything. We have an appointment at the vet today anyway to give her her last vaccine so we'll ask them to check her over good. She is limping a little, but not even really too bad, and her one eye is totally bloodshot. I think she spent the whole night crying. It really hurt her to lay down at first, but now she seems to be a bit better.

And whose fault was it??? According to Shayla it was Trav's fault, she won't go near him. Hopefully now she has learned her lesson and won't go near the car when it's running.

2 comments: