Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Oh so Busy

I feel like I've been running, running, running and running. This past week and the weekend were BUSY. We have taken this little boy Jonathan to the doctor like 6 times already and today I have to take him again in the afternoon. We are thinking that we are getting a little closer to the root of the problem. His Diarrea seems never ending. But what the doctors have figured out now is that he has parasites. (Travis thought that at the beginning) but he is too sick right now for them to give him the parasite medication to get rid of the parasites. They have to first get him a little better.

I feel so frustrated and helpless to help him. I've taken him to the doctor like 6 times now, and bought him countless medications it feels like. I can't say no to anything because if I do his mom won't have the money to buy it for him ... and then what would happen to him?


Yesterday I went in with him and his mom to their appointment, and the doctor pretty much bawled her out for the shape her son is in. Yet I feel sorry for the mom as well. It's really hard for her to get around with her bad foot, and to do things like make a fire to boil his bottle she probably just doesn't bother doing. Although I do feel like now she is making a little more effort than she did last week to help him get better. I have been trying to help her with his food. He's on a very strict diet and has to drink a lot of "suero" (a rehydration drink) for 48 hours which started yesterday, and then he has to go back to the doctor again. So i have been making him rice and pureed carrots so far to bring to him.

On the bright side of this all the mom seems very open to us and open to coming to church... as long as we pick her up I think. Please continur to pray for him. That his diarrea would stop and he could get well enough to take the parasite medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment