Sunday, May 25, 2008

Herpes, shingles, fuego de San Antonio

It's all the same thing. Just different names for the same virus. And guess who has it; Zipporah. I thought shingles was an adult form of chicken pox and that if a baby was around someone with shingles it would come out as chicken pox. Well that can happen, but if someone has shingles and touches the open blisters and then touches someone else, it can pass on to that person.

So that's how she got it. She's starting to feel better already. I first noticed on Thursday morning that she had the blisters, and Friday she had quite a bit of fever and felt absolutely terrible. She's starting to feel better but she's still itchy. It's a good thing the blisters are on her back and she can't reach them to scratch.

On another note when we were getting ready to take her to see the doctor on Thursday evening, a lady from the church phoned us to ask us to come pick up her neighbor to take her to the emergency because she had high blood pressure. I was honestly scared we would be able to say our car had been used as a herst. (I'm not sure how to spell that word) Thankfully we made it to the hospital and they took care of her right away...(she had blood pressure of 220/130) and then sent her home. Sometimes I'm shocked at the condition in which they send people home here. But that's how it is I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment