Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Guarani Lessons

Rosey tells me that a post about Paraguayan politics is boring. Sorry. I'll write about something more interesting.

There is a man in our church, Marcial Isquierdo, who wants to learn English. He also wants toMarcial teach us Guarani. So his idea was a 1/2 hour English lesson in exchange for a 1/2 hour Guarani lesson. We started last night but him and his family showed up late so we skipped most of the English part and focused on Guarani.

We started by drinking maté. I think it gets the brain thinking, or maybe even feeling a little Guarani. It's probably impossible to learn Guarani without it.

Maybe that's why Rosey served hot dogs. It gets the brain thinking, or maybe even feeling a little English.

What did we learn? I'm not going to tell you, that might get boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment