
So we found a house! It's in pretty much the perfect spot where we wanted it. It's about one km walk to the church building in Ytororõ but it's really in the area where the people from the church live. The front 2 rooms of the house are unfinished but in the back it's all finished very nicely. A lot of houses here in Paraguay don't come with cupboards in the kitchen, or a sink .... but this one does. The kitchen is not very big but it's quite nice, and even has a marble countertop. Wierd for a house like this but very nice. It has 2 bedrooms and a nice size bathroom. The living room/dining room is a little small, but sufficient.
The owner started building an addition on the front of the house but then moved away and never finished which is why the front of the house is not finished yet. This house has quite a large back yard as well, With some nice citrus trees for a little shade. From talking with the owner yesterday he's planning to do a little fix up before we move in. He's quite happy to have someone living there so the house doesn't sit empty, and to have someone to take care of the yard. He's giving it to us for quite cheap, even for a paraguayan house the price is very cheap. We are planning to move to Ytororõ at the beginning of March.
That's awesome - maybe you can post some pictures of it sometime. I'm glad to know you have a blog - I'll be checking back.
ReplyDeleteMelodie
What great news! I love you blog! Saludos from Chile ... This week we are at a conference with missionaries from around South America, and seeing the Paraguayan missionaries reminds us of you!
ReplyDeleteHi Rosey! Not sure if you remember me from Carberry Bible Camp, but I just found your blog and figured I'd say hi.
ReplyDeleteI actually saw your picture in the EMC Messenger a while back, and I was curious to know how you were doing! My husband is from the Mennville EMC, and we attended there for just over a year, til we moved to Winkler.
Your daughter is so beautiful! I checked out your slideshow. I noticed that you use cloth diapers! What kind do you prefer? I also love cloth diapers.
Anyway, this is turning into a novel, and I just wanted to say hi! You can check out my little family at http://keithandstacey.blogspot.com