Monday, February 18, 2013

School snack

Zippy has school from 8 -11 in the morning. Today I didn't know wether she needed a snack or not and I forgot to get anything ready for her. Good thing I stayed till snack time and I could buy her something  from the canteen.

This afternoon I asked Zippy if she would like to make monster cookies with me to take to school for snack. No she did not want homemade cookies, she wanted bought strawberry cookies.

I feel like I am reliving my childhood. My mom always had delicious, tasty homemade goodies for us to take for lunch. I would take my homemade stuff and trade it for the store bought cookies that my friends brought. My mom would get upset with me and tell me "I make those cookies for you, not for the rest of your class".

Even though I understand where Zippy is coming from I think I will still insist for the next 12 years that she take yummy, delicious homemade cookies to school instead of store bought ones. (at least some of the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment