Saturday, July 21, 2012

belly button

2 days ago I was looking at some old pictures trying to figure out how it was that I used to cut Travis' hair. Somehow the way I cut his hair has evolved into something he no longer likes.
While I was looking Zippy came to join me and so did Moi.
We were looking at pictures for  a while when we ran into the pictures of Zippy's birth. There was the picture when she was 5 minutes old and screaming her head off under the light they like to put the babies under. She looked at it for a bit and then asked :
Why is there a needle on my belly button?
I think "hey great teaching moment".
Travis and I start explaining about how it's not a needle it's a clamp and there is this tube that goes to the mommy from the belly button and that is how the baby eats when it is inside the tummy but when it comes out it starts to eat from the mouth and we have to cut off the tube...
Zippy covered her mouth with her hands in horror and said:
"I don't want to ever get married!"  "I want to be like Joanne."

Maybe this is the answer to our problem with her being so curious about marriage?

1 comment: