Friday, June 8, 2012

Imaginary Dane

We have an imaginary future son in law named Dane.

He claims to be Zippy's boyfriend. He has often been caught holding Zippy's hand, and today he came with us in the car.

We have made a rule that there is no kissing on the lips until marriage, and only married people can kiss on the lips. Otherwise ...

We went to visit some friends that have 3 boys. Zippy played in the sandbox with the older 2 and had a great time. A few days later the boy's mother sent me a message on Facebook that her son has told her he is going to marry "that girl" while he points at our family picture. She asked him what "that girls" name is and his response "I don't know".
When I told Zippy what he was saying about her she confessed that she told him "if you love me then you will have to marry me".

This topic is in Zippy's head every day. She randomly brings things up. Yesterday she said to me

"when I get married I think I will like kissing, and then I will have a Mickey Mouse Ring".

Today she asked... "Mommy when I get married will it tickle when I kiss on the lips?"



3 comments:

  1. hahahaha
    so far Carter just asks about tampons and what they're for

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes I wonder how embarrassed she will be when she is older and reads my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zippy doesn't strike me as the type that embarasses easily... Hannah goes straight to husband. After miraculously resurrecting Mia and Ha, she named her husband Gerald. Then he died. Then she married a new husband (who was nameless, until I suggested Gerald II, which she immediately liked the sound of). I'm not sure whether I should harp on the importance of one husband, or the tragedy of losing one or what!

    ReplyDelete