Monday, February 13, 2012

puppies/ Moi's gift

Lately I have not had the desire to blog. Too busy, too tired, lack of creativity.

Here are some of the blogs I should have written.

#1 Puppies. 
Our colleagues who are on furlough's dog had puppies. Which means we had to give away the puppies. Once they were 6 weeks old we picked them up but realized that they had sores on their tail. The vet said it was a fungus and gave us a special soap to bath them in. The soap did a great job of getting rid of not only the fungus but the fleas as well. I was much more relaxed about letting the kids play with the puppies knowing they were clean. And play they did. They have played and played and played and manhandled the puppies. The mom is pure Labrador and a  few came out looking like her. WE decided to keep one of those and named her Molly.  We have been able to give away the rest of the puppies except one. We are still looking for a home for her. The females don't seem to be wanted so much. I really do not want to keep 2 puppies so hopefully someone wants her soon. If we can't find a home we are going to put her in the wagon with the kids and go for a walk. The kids always get comments for being so cute and then hopefully we can get cute puppy comments too and give away the puppy:)

#2 We bought Moi a birthday gift. I did hardly anything for his birthday and I feel a little guilty about it since I did such a big birthday for Zippy, but I justified it by saying he won't remember it anyway. I was insistent though that we needed to buy him a gift so he got this very ugly but very fun goat to play on. He sits on it and bounces and the whole thing moves. He loves it. Now to keep it away from the puppies so they don't bite a hole in it.





1 comment:

  1. We all but skipped Hannah's 2nd birthday because Naomi was new and little, and she never knew the difference. After 3 you can't get away with it, so you might as well take the chance now :).

    ReplyDelete