Tuesday, December 6, 2011

potty training, day#1

Yesterday morning I took off Moi's diaper and hopefully will never put one back  on him.
I had bought 12 pairs of boxers
I had a sink full of bleach water with a rag
I had a little seat to put on the toilet
and a whole day

When he woke up I let him wake up a little and eat his breakfast and then off came the diaper. I sat beside him offering him liquids non stop and hoping to see something happen. He lasted 2-3 hours without anything but then he started and after all those liquids I gave him he had lots of accidents. Accidents are good, they are teaching moments. (or so I told myself) After a few hours I put some dirty boxers in the washer realizing that the 12 boxers I bought were not really going to last that long. At around 6:00 we had our first success! and then a few more successes in the evening ( along with a few more accidents). By the time he went to sleep in the evening he was on boxer pair #11. I quit giving him any liquid at around 7.
During the night around 4:00 he made some noise so I jumped up ran him to the washroom and plopped him on the pot. He gave me an annoyed look and said opaaaa... (done) without doing anything and wanted to be put back in his bed.

He woke up dry this morning and so far is only on his second pairof boxers today and it's noon already.
I feel we are well on our way:)

No comments:

Post a Comment