We have been searching and searching for a house. We found one with a nice little house on a nice yard, only the location was not really what we wanted. I was having trouble coming to terms with moving there and having trouble with just simply dreading the move. Yesterday I was starting to come to terms with the house and forcing myself to think of the positive aspects of it. Things like" the yard is nice, it has trees and I will be able to take all my plants". "The kitchen will be big" "I will just get more exercise when I walk to the market because it is almost a kilometer and a half instead of half a kilometer"
There were some things that I was having a little more trouble accepting things like there is only one real window in the house such as a window that actually has glass. The rest of the windows just had wooden shutters and when it would be cold and would want to close the windows there would be no outside light. The house is a lot smaller and would be a lot more complicated if we would get company.
One of the things I was dreading most was have to get to know my neighbors all over again. It always takes me a while to get to know the neighbors and I was just getting to know the neighbors here.
I asked God to give me peace about the situation. I know the house would be enough for us. We could make it work, I just needed to accept the move and the house.
This morning I was supposed to teach painting classes but my student was busy with something else and couldn't come. Trav and I decided to go to ciudad del este quickly then to get a few things we needed. On the way we were regretting not having talked to the owners of that house already to reserve it and see when we could move in. I was getting something and Trav was waiting in the car with the kids in the shade. It took a long time to get what I needed and when I finally got back to the car Travis was on the phone. With the owner of our fabulous yellow house we are in now! She asked him why we wanted to move, Travis told her that we didn't want to pay more rent. She asked if she only charged us a million and a half if we would still stay. He said no we don't want to pay more than a million two hundred thousand which is what we are currently paying. She said ok she would accept that because we are taking care of the house so well. She then told him that she has another house for sale here in town that the renters just left… and left the place trashed, now she has to spend a bunch of money fixing it up and realizes the value of renters who take care of the place. I am so excited… so excited in fact that I don't care that the roof leaks right on top of the bed when it rains. That is fixable. to not have to move takes such a load off my shoulders. I realize though that our house is still for sale and it could sell sometime and we would then have to move, but I also feel like we need to take what we can get. and this place is way better than the other house we were looking at, and when the time comes that we may need to move, I trust god will provide the right house for us, and give me peace in that as well.
Now though I will enjoy this place. I will look forward to eating all the mangoes the should be ripening in november or december from our 2 big Mango trees. I look forward to many more great barbecues in our great barbeque pit, and to hosting SBC when they come in january.
Thank you God for working things out for us!

so good!!!
ReplyDeleteTara
i'll second that! It is so good that you are able to stay where you are.
ReplyDeleteDad