Saturday was maybe one of the not so typical saturdays we have had. My aunt and uncle who I have not seen in probably 10 years came to visit us. They are missionaries in Argentina. We had a barbeque and a nice afternoon visiting with them and 2 of my cousins. We had a little while to relax after they left and then off to conexion again. This time I took the kids with. We were there till ten again with some very tired kids. Some of the younger youth that come started a game of hide and seek and let Zippy play. That was nice to have her distracted from how tired she was for a while, even if she kept giving away the other kids hiding spots:)
Sunday morning Travis was up bright and early to get his sermon ready and I woke up shortly after to get my sunday school lesson ready. After a getting that ready while drinking mate we have breakfast and get the house ready for church since church is at our house. By nine people start arriving. we supposedly start at nine but it's normally at least 9:30 by the time we start. We had very low attendance this sunday and since we had more kids than adults Travis saved his sermon and asked me to do my sunday school lesson for everyone. So I told the story of the Israelites in the desert and getting manna from heaven. One ladies husband had travelled and was not around so I invited her to stay for lunch and we made pizza. delicious pizza. we used up the leftover barbeque meat and it was amazing. We relaxed for a little while and by 2:30 youth from conexion started arriving to play volleyball in our other yard. We had around 15 youth out to play. I had made a desert that I shared with everyone. Turns out it was one girls birthday. After everyone left we were pretty exhausted. Today we took a day off.


No comments:
Post a Comment