the price of strawberries in this area of Paraguay seems ridiculous compared to what we have paid in many other areas. I was getting discouraged about finding any at a decent price. I wanted to freeze some and make some jam. For fresh eating as well.
Yesterday I was talking to my neighbor lady and she saw a lady walking down the street with some baskets. She told me that lady sells good strawberries at a good price. I ran after her and she offered to bring me a whole box. 11 kilos of strawberries for 20 bucks. That is less than half the price I could find anywhere else.
Now we are working on cleaning them up. Zippy gets mad whenever I clean them and put them in bags to put in the freezer. She says "no more dear, now they are just for eating."
No comments:
Post a Comment