Our little puppy is sick.
I noticed yesterday that he was very lethargic, hardly moving at all. Then he started vomiting and he was grouchy. I suspect he ate some of the poison I put on my plants to get rid of the leaf cutter ants.
I took him to the vet yesterday and the vet injected him with a bunch of stuff and gave me some pills to give him every 12 hours. Any suggestions on how to get a sick dog to take a pill???
I crushed it and mixed it with some dulce de leche thinking that would make it hard for him to spit out. still didn't work very well.
I also gave him a towel to sleep on in the dog house but last night right after I put him in the dog house he went under the car and when Trav backed it up he took a hit from the front bumper.
This morning he was laying on the front lawn in the rain while the temperature was probably down to 5 or so last night. Since he was sopping wet anyway, me and the kids gave him a warm bath today (which he loved!). then we blow dried him and put him in this box in front of the heater. Now I get to give him liquid in a syringe every 1/2 hour.

Poor puppy!
ReplyDelete