Monday, January 31, 2011

Kid Update

Zippy is doing good. This move I would say has been hard on both kids and Zippy has expressed that by acting out more. There is always always always something I should be doing so spending time with her often gets put on the back burner. Today I decided to really try to spend 1/2 an hour a day just sitting down and playing with the kids and their toys.

Language has been a struggle for Zippy. She's much more shy now because she knows people don't understand her. She is learning to speak spanish again though, and understands it fairly well still. I"m always proud of her when she does put in the effort and say some words in spanish. A few days ago we had staff meeting and I had gotten a few girls to watch the kids. They were supposed to stay downstairs while we were upstairs for the meeting. I left Zippy and Moi with them but after a few minutes Zippy came running back telling me she needed to go pee. I took her but then taught her how to say in Spanish where she had gone so she could tell her babysitter where she went. She practiced it and then was ready to go, then said to me " I think they will laugh at me if I say that" I said " maybe but it's ok if they laugh right" she says "yeah it is"

Zippy's favorite things to do would be

pretend she is my mommy and I am "girl" ( I never get a name she just calls me girl)
sing songs. mostly she makes them up, about anything and everything
reading books and having books read to her
play with Moi unless he messes up her toys of course


On to Moi. He's had a fever for the last few days but this morning he seems to be almost better. I was very impressed yesterday when we went out for icecream he had a fever of 39.1. We gave him some ibuprofen but he puked it all up. Then when we were in the ice cream shop he was all smiles and playing. You would never have thought he might be sick.

He is getting much sturdier with standing and walking holding our hands but he's not ready yet to take any steps. He likes to take a lawn chair and push it around on the floor in circles.

He's a little charmer. He has great facial expressions and loves to laugh. He just learned to wave goodbye.

He doesn't really say anything yet except for mamamamamamam, but he has learned to nod and shake his head. I"m always shocked when I see him communicating like that. In my mind he's still so little and can't understand yet.

If he doesn't get water or food the moment he notices he might possibly be hungry or thirsty watch out! You have a screaming kid on your hands. But at least he's easily satisfied by shoving food in his mouth.

Moi's favorite things to do would be

Swing upside down
Swing upside down
swing upside down
play with toys
Eat!

1 comment:

  1. miss those kids! Zippy sounds like Carter sometimes with the Spanish, in a couple of weeks Carter has to make up a short story in spanish and say it in front of his class. Don't think that will happen...he doesn't really talk in sentences in spanish yet.

    ReplyDelete