Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'm back!



I guess I have fallen off the face of my blog for a while. Life has been busy. We have had family out from Alberta until now and were busy hanging out with them.
Should I start from the beginning of our trip? We had a calm trip in. minus the part where we only had 50 minutes to go through customs, get our bags, recheck them and find our gate in Toronto, needless to say we did not make that flight but were booked for another flight only an hour and half later. We arrived at around ten and went for a early lunch in the park with everyone. That was fun.

We spent the first 5 days at my (Rosey) parents house before heading out to kleefeld to watch the world cup final game with Trav's family. We were having a great time until Thursday night I noticed that Moi seemed a little warm. Then Friday morning he was warmer. He had a fever all day friday and was very lethargic. By supper time I decided to call Health Links where they said to take him to emergency. So we sat and waited in emergency for hours where they told us to give him tylenol and not bring him in until he was almost dead. (maybe not in those words). While we were in Emergency I started feeling feverish and on Saturday was not feeling too great. We went to Kleefeld and on Sunday I was feeling awful. By sunday afternoon we had another trip to Emergency this time for me. I had Pneumonia, so they took an xray, gave me an IV for some reason and sent me home with Antibiotics. that helped, and I got better in the next few days. Moi kept his fever and by tuesday with fever every day since thursday we decided to take Moi to emergency again. They checked him out and did a blood test and said he was still ok but to watch him carefully. He actually started to get better by wednesday which was really nice. Needless to say our first week in Canada was not quite what we were hoping for and we hope to stay out of the emergency room for the next 6 months while are here.

By the weekend we decided we were better enough to join everyone in Rosey's family camping. Another great time even though it rained a lot on Saturday.

Then we went back to Trav's parents well I guess I should say our house in Kleefeld to hang out with Trav's brothers and families for another week. That included a trip to the Zoo on Saturday. Zippy was the most excited about the flamingos:) the reason for that will come in a post soon!


1 comment: