Tuesday, January 5, 2010

when oh when will we stay?


The smell of Pizza in the oven, the sound of the breadmaker mixing some dough for bread, Travis just offered me part of a burnt sour cream roll... In all of this I'm sure some of you are thinking Where is Zippy?

Zippy is at the neighbors house where she likes to be about 24 hours of every day if I would let her. We have become quite good friends with our neighbors here. Zippy being playing age with their 2 younger daughters helps a lot. They invited us to their family get together to welcome the new year... All in all I really do feel comfortable here in Caaguazu. I love being able to greet people when I walk down the street and I love the fact that Zippy has great friends to play with. I don't need to feel at all concerned when she goes over to the neighbors, and the neighbor girls often come here to play as well.

What will be hard is when in July we have to leave and go to Canada. Don't get me wrong, I am super excited about going on furlough and seeing family we haven't seen in 3 years, meeting new nieces and nephews that have been born while we were gone. Sometimes though I just feel bad about taking Zippy away from her friends. Every time we get to know people Zippy makes friends and LOVES playing with them.

What I am praying for is that the next time we move to a new place again... (after we come back from furlough) Which looks like it will be Minga Guazu, that We will all be able to get to know people like we have here, and that we can stay there for a while and keep building on those relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment