Some people like to plant plants to relax, they find it therapeutic... but I don't. If I plant plants I love having the flowers but I can't get into a good routine of watering them, and then they just become stress because they are dying and I'm a horrible plant taker care of er. I do have a few plants, but they don't ever flower and only the really hardy ones survive.
What I have found out that relaxes me is to paint. I really have not done much of it since high school, but when we moved to Caaguazu now, there is what I would call an art gallery right across the street. The owner teaches classes and also sells paintings. I started classes a little while ago and so far I love it. I love the things I am learning, and I love seeing the picture take shape. My teacher teaches at whatever level you are at. She shows me techniques, and I have learned so much already. I want to try to take advantage of this opportunity to learn and practice painting. I can't take credit for my paintings with all the help I have gotten, but I hope one day I will be able to do it without the help. The Tucan is still not quite finished. I'm working on the leaves, but still need some help with those.
Another bonus is that my teacher has two little girls who are over at our house right now, teaching Zippy how to play house. The oldest girl decided she was the mom and Zippy and her little sister are the kids I think. Zippy was just calling mommy but when I looked I realized that she was talking to the older girl. I love seeing the older kids teaching Zippy how to play these things. I also love Zippy having the opportunity to play with other kids, it doesn't happen often enough.
wow those really are good. Was that one from your wedding pictures? I love painting too but never have done anything real life like that.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Excuse my ignorance but are they water-based paintings?
ReplyDeleteAbuela
they are acrylic whatever that means
ReplyDeleteRosie, these paintings are beautiful!! You have a real gift...
ReplyDeleteAunt Cheryl