Last night we invited all the missionaries in the area over for a Weraneki supper and as a farewell for a missionary lady leaving for her furlough this week. Weraneki are pretty much cottage cheese perogies that all mennonites love covered in cream sauce and often accompanied by either a fruity sauce, or fried onions.
I love perogies , and yesterday I decided to try my hand at making them, I was actually quite proud of myself that very few actually opened up. They were so delicious, last night we had them with strawberry sauce which is my personal favorite. They were sooo good, and I ate 4 of them. My stomach hurt so bad afterward. I don't think I"m used to such rich food anymore and I pigged out and really ate more than my stomach can handle especially since I"m not 100% passed the morning sickness stage, I don't have much morning sickness but I still need to be careful what I eat. It took me a long time for that stomach ache to go away last night. But on the other hand... those perogies tasted excellent and were worth my tummyache.
No comments:
Post a Comment