Yesterday as we were traveling back from class we got a phone call from the pastor in the Ytororo church. ( Where we used to live)
He said that one of the ladies that I used to visit a lot, was very sick. She had extreme stomach pain for 2 weeks and one of those weeks she had spent in the hospital, but there they had not really done much for her and had sent her home again.
She couldn't even get up when we arrived at her house. We decided to take her to a different hospital, so I helped her get ready and we took her. Her pain was so extreme, I could hardly handle seeing her in her situation. She said it was just as bad as labor pain, only it had been two weeks, and this was not labor pain.
The place we were going to take her turns out only serves people in the morning. It's a social service of one of the big private hospitals, so when we found out they weren't open and we were right beside the big emergency room, I decided to take her in. They checked her out there and said her stomach was full of puss. She had a huge infection in her stomach, and that surgery was absolutely necessary soon, because her situation was grave already.
I explained that she had no money, they had spent everything in the other hospital already, and we would have to go somewhere cheaper than the private hospital. And then I asked if there maybe wasn't a different hospital that they could recommend us to because I don't know the hospitals in asuncion. They recommended one and so we went there.
In this hospital they realized right away as well that surgery was necessary and put her on the list for as soon as the operating room was open.
We stayed around until she went into the operating room, and I sat with her . I've called this morning to see how she's doing and they say she's a lot better, and the surgery was successful. Praise GOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment