Saturday, December 13, 2008

plumi moos

I have made for the first time in my life... plumi moos. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's cold fruit soup, made of many dried fruits. Although I used a lot of normal fruit because I don't have a fruit dryer, it seems to have turned out well. I can't wait till it's cold to eat some, It's a great thing to eat when the temperatures are almost 40 degrees.

Speaking of hot weather, this week when it was really peaking at 40 degrees,and the heat was almost unbearable. We decided to go find a stream, waterfall thing. We had been told about a nice one and decided to go see it with our classmate and his family. It was great. Just beautiful, with shade trees and a really nice stream to play in. Trav's favorite part was the waterfall he sat under for a long time getting a nice massage. We are hoping to return regularly to this spot, it was so fun and relaxing, but we didn't get out and talk any guarani while we were there so we will either have to bring guarani speaking people along, or maybe limit the number of times we go to the spot.

Since we have come to Paraguay I have struggled to find clothes that fit me. I think the problem is that the shape of a latin body, and the shape of my body are two different styles, therefore for me to find clothes is almost impossible. BUT... yesterday while I was looking for the nursing station in the mall I stumbled across a store that imports clothes from Old Navy and GAP. The prices aren't even as outrageous as I was expecting. And I happily bought a couple pairs of shorts, having actually found something that fits me well. I think they buy all there stuff at the end of season. They had it organized funny I thought. I went in and told the girl I was looking for shorts. She asked me what size I was and brought out a stack of shorts, not one of them being the same as the other and said this is what we have in your size. At least I don't to worry about running into someone with the same shorts as me... that would be too embarrasing.

note.... that last comment was with a sarcastic tone

2 comments:

  1. I would think it'd be hard to find clothes out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm missing 40 degree heat right about now ;)

    ReplyDelete