Monday, December 8, 2008

grapes and a baby

Yesterday we had the privilege of being able to spend the day in Ytororo with all of our friends there. We arrived in the morning and spent the morning making lunch and visiting, and then during sunday school time another lady and I went to visit one of our friends, Rosa. At Rosa's house she has 2 huge plants of grapes which are growing on some trellices like a shade roof. They are full of grapes which are just now starting to ripen, and Rosa had told me the day before to make sure I came by to pick up some grapes. I was definitely more than willing to do that. I'm hoping to make some jelly because right now I have way more grapes than we can eat, then I will bring Rosa a jar of Jelly.

When I arrived at her house, Rosa didn't look like she was feeling very good at all. Did I mention that she's pregnant? Yup you guessed it, that is the baby I'm talking about. We talked for a little while and then I suggested maybe she should go get ready and I would take her in to get checked out and see when they said the baby would be coming. So the three of us were off (her husband had to stay home to take care of the other children) We arrived at Emergency and they took her in right away. Shortly after she came out to call her husband and told us that she would be staying in. She was at 4 cm and she thought it would come sometime during the night, so we said we would go to her house and get her clothes, and clothes for the baby etc... While we were at her house getting her things together she called me and said the baby had already been born. So we tried to get back as soon as we could to be with her but she had to be in the observing room for quite a while so they could keep a close eye on her but later in the evening we were able to see the baby a little bit. She said he had been born about 15 minutes after we left to go get her things. I'm interested to know what she's going to name him, last night she hadn't thought of a name yet.

In Guarani class we learned a saying that says "It's cute how it's so ugly" "Chulina la ivai laja" There's something about babies they are so cute and precious, being a new human being so tiny and little, but often when they are that new they aren't exactly what we would call beautiful, but I'm sure every woman who see's a baby so little gets that melted feeling that makes you say awwwww....

oh and I"m going to put pictures from staff retreat on Picasa as soon as I post this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment