Monday, December 29, 2008

christmas

This year on the 25th we went to Youth Camp. But only in the afternoon. In the morning we "supposedly" celebrated Christmas here at home. We did spend time together, and eat french toast for breakfast and open our presents, but there were also a lot of things to get ready to leave and so it was not as relaxing as I had originally hoped, although we did listen to Christmas music while we were doing our preparations.
In the picture you notice Zippy is wearing a nice party dress but well we went to a party the night before, and she fell asleep there and just slept in her dress. I was impressed, it wasn't even too crinkled in the morning.

Youth camp was fun. Most of the youth from Ytororo were there, so we got to hang out with them a lot. Zippy was great, sometimes when we go away for a few days she gets a little out of sorts but she was great the whole 3 days we were gone. I really didn't see her much and was often looking for her. Everyone wanted to hold her so she was often with other people.









Traditionally there is always a banquet night at youth camp, and everybody has to have a date. One young man asked both Trav and I if he could take Zippy. We said yes and Zippy had her first date. He excitedly told her she would be his date, and she said "okay just let me go get a diaper change first" She did great we sat right beside them the whole time...( this might be something I see continuing when she grows up) He put his plate on her highchair and they shared a plate. Zippy ever so elegantly picked up a huge piece of chicken with both hands and started to gnaw on it. Then Paloma who was sitting on the other side of her helped her out and spilled juice all over Zippy's date. After that he gave up trying to feed her nicely and to her delight he gave her a chicken bone to chew on.I"m not sure why but some people have taken to calling Zippy pebbles, it couldn't be that there is some sort of resemblance there could it??


Zippy is really learning to explore new things. Because it is hot I normally just take her clothes off to eat. I feel bad making her wear clothes and then putting a bib over top, besides, her body doesn't stain like clothes do. She loves to eat and then smear any sauce that there was on the food all over her chest like she would smear in lotion. She has also learned that if she pushes her little blue wooden chairs over to the stove, she can play with the knobs on the stove. Today Travis was using one to reach up high to hang up her swing on the front porch and tried to accuse me of taking his chair away. But it wasn't me it was Zippy. (Don't worry she can't actually turn it on, and we always take her away when we notice she is by the stove.) Another novelty she has found is that if she climbs onto a kitchen chair by the table, she can climb onto the table and throw our cell phones off the table. Playing in the dirt in the planters is already a no no, but the thing is that if I try to discipline her outside the dog comes to her rescue and either pust herself between us, or tries to bite my hand.

I"m making her sound like a little terror here in this blog as I reread it. She's really not that bad, but she is mischevious, but once in while she does also like to give me a hug and sit in the rocking chair to snuggle.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a nice Christmas!
    Thinking of you!!

    Aunt Cheryl

    ReplyDelete