Saturday, November 29, 2008

staff retreat

We returned home Thursday from a 3 day staff retreat with all the EMC staff here in Paraguay. It was great, we had very little scheduled and that suited everyone just fine as it was really hot and we pretty much hung out in the pool the whole time. Zippy liked it after the first time. She's not really used to that amount of water, she's more used to her little pool but was able to enjoy the big pool as well.

We were also able go on a hike wednesday morning. we found a nice big yellow bamboo patch which was fun to try to climb up. we also saw some really pretty rock crevices in the middle of a nice jungly area. We need to try to get out into nature more. Paraguay is a very beautiful country.

Instead of having a speaker come in for our chapel times we watched a video series of John Piper, talking about God's call for us to be joyful. Really he talked about the fact that God's glory and our happiness are not meant to be at odds, Our happiness brings him glory. His theme being "God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in him."

I don't have any pictures yet. I asked Gil for his but we will only get them when we see him again and put them on our pen drive. I"ll post pictures when I get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment