Thursday, October 9, 2008

plumb fed up

I used to think a double union was some kind of unethical labour practice. Not anymore.

(why does blogger always underline words spelled the Canadian way in red i.e. labour???)

A bit over a week ago, one of the water pipes behind the house burst. It was loud, I think it woke up Zipporah. Since it was in the middle of the night I just left it until morning and then fixed it with a double union.



On Monday, as I was loading up the car to head off to our first Guarani class, I noticed that a pipe had burst right on the main water line going into the house beside the tap that shuts off all our water (in Spanish that "tap" is called a "llave de paso", I have no idea what it is in English, proving that my plumbing experience in Paraguay far exceeds any I had in Canada). I shut off the water and left it until we came home. And fixed it with a double union.

Yesterday, a pipe beside the house burst. I'm thinking it's a bad combination between old water pipes baking in the hot sun and increased water pressure. Guess what? I fixed that one with a double union as well.

Only this one I bought speaking Guarani instead of Spanish. Ooooooooooo. That counts as a class asignment.

1 comment: