Tuesday, August 26, 2008

mommy went on a holiday

Mommy went on a nice... or boring holiday all the way to bed? on Saturday. Saturday morning at 2:30 I woke up to take care of Zippy, and from then on I started feeling terrible. my whole body hurt and my head was splitting, the back pain was almost like labor... well maybe only the beginning of labor, but it hurt a lot. We had a huge day coming up at the church , we were having a huge program for day of the kids but I told Trav that if I didn't feel better in the morning I wanted to go to the doctor. So in the morning we took a quick trip to the baptist hospital... me with my puke bucket, but luckily I didn't have to use it, not sure though if it would have been better if I did.

We got there and they sent us off to emergency which lucky for me the nurses were just sitting around and talking. they gave me something for the nausea and my stomach pain and sent me home. After a very nauseous trip home I went straight to bed and slept the whole day only getting up to take my meds and drink water. I was thinking I was on the way to getting better but then at around 6 it all started, and I hardly slept all night for the fault of spending the whole night on the can. After doing a lovely test they had asked for the day before we were back in emergency the next morning where they decided to keep me in so they could pump me full of fluids because I was getting dehydrated. By late afternoon I was feeling soo good already I made the nurse send me a doctor to see if I could go home. I even made sure I was sitting up good... and pretending to eat my supper when he came so he would think I was doing really great. Didn't work he said I needed more fluids first or it could all come back and if it did it would be worse. guh!! so I just got comfy, and Trav went to pick up Zippy so I could see her before the night.

To make the night a little interesting though, my roomate, an elderly lady who complained a lot, fell out of bed. Can't have been too serious though, they just picked her up and put her back in.

So what was it?? They think it's probably something I ate but I've been racking my brain and can't think of anything that I ate and Trav or Zipporah didn't, so I'm not sure where it came from.

Lucky for me I got sick on the weekend because on the weekend my friend Gloria that lives nice and close by, who I would really prefer to leave zipporah with, was at home. She just took her and zippy did great. I don't think she even really missed me. I haven't ever left her for that long before but it really helped knowing she was in good hands.


I"m on my way to getting better now. Another appointment tomorrow and I think I'll be good.

1 comment: