Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

Since we have moved to Ytororõ I have heard myself saying numerous times "my mom taught me that". I"ve done things like sew, bake bread, bake cakes and cookies... and just regular good housewifey things to do.

A lot of these things are really not culture here in Paraguay and when I offer to make someone a birthday cake they are shocked and wonder how on earth I could ever know how to make a cake. It's something I take for granted that everybody knows how to do, but not here. I"m really hoping I can pass on to Zipporah these things that I have learned from my mom and really learned to enjoy. Now the only thing I need to learn how to enjoy is the cleaning up part.


So Happy Mothers Day Mom (to both of my moms now)

No comments:

Post a Comment