We have decided to take advantage of the fact that our neighbor girls always come over. They seem to be constantly here so the other day I asked them if they could teach me how to make puchero. It's a typical paraguyan stew/ soup type of food. I had heard it was really good, but had yet to try it. The girls that were here were around 9 and 11years old and they already know how to make it. And it's true puchero is delicious.
Then the next day I nonchalantly asked my other neighbor girl who is 15 years old, what she thought I should make for lunch, and right away she said noquis. It's potato pasta with chicken and vegetable sauce, another delicious paraguayan food. I had all the ingredients so she started to cook right away. I tried to help her but Zipporah wanted attention so she did almost everything. This also turned out delicious.
So the moral of my story is that cooking with your neighbors is a good way to get to know them.
Then the next day I nonchalantly asked my other neighbor girl who is 15 years old, what she thought I should make for lunch, and right away she said noquis. It's potato pasta with chicken and vegetable sauce, another delicious paraguayan food. I had all the ingredients so she started to cook right away. I tried to help her but Zipporah wanted attention so she did almost everything. This also turned out delicious.
So the moral of my story is that cooking with your neighbors is a good way to get to know them.
No comments:
Post a Comment