Friday, February 29, 2008

Mbeju


The other night I decided that I would like to learn how to make this traditional paraguayan food, Mbeju. It's a dish that has corn flour, tapioca flour paraguayan cheese, aniseed and milk. I asked my neighbor lady to come show me how to make it. She did awesome at teaching me. Paraguayans don't cook a lot with recipe's they much more just use their judgement, therefore I'm finding it a little hard to learn the traditional foods without someone showing me. she made me feel the mixture so I would know what to do the next time I made it as well. Then we lit the charcoal, and put the mixture in the frying pan. The thing with this dish is that you don't use a flipper to turn it, you throw it up in the air like a pancake. I did good. I made 3 myself(... with her guiding me of course...) and I only dropped half of one on the ground. And then we ate it... delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment